Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Meme


Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, for sure. While gift bags are convenient for sure, there's nothing prettier to me than a gift wrapped up in pretty Christmas wrapping paper.

Real tree or Artificial? Artificial but only because you can put them up easier and it doesn't involve my husband's help LOL I really do love having a real tree and will probably have one again in the near future.

When do you put up the tree? As tradition in our home, the day after Thanksgiving.

When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend after January 1st.

Do you like eggnog? Yep love it. My Dad makes his own every year!

Favorite gift received as a child? A black puppy.

Hardest person to buy for? My parents. They appreciate everything but it's getting harder to find something they actually don't have or need LOL

Easiest person to buy for? My daughter

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, purchased while I was in Mexico made of alabaster.

Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I usually mail Christmas cards every year but wasn't able to get them out on time this year.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nuts. I despise nuts and one year, every child in my classroom (that was 18 children) gave me a canister of nuts LOL My husband was in heaven that year.

Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? Last night? No seriously... I think I started right after Halloween.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yeah.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies. Peanut butter kiss cookies to be specific.

Lights on the tree? Colored but only because my husband and children insist on them.

Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole.

Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Thankfully, I have both sets of parents here in neighboring towns.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Uhm, are you kidding? I am a preschool teacher, ya know.

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one on Xmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Tie: TV commercials and my husband's family bickering.

Favorite ornament theme or color? I collect snowflakes (lol) since we don't get snow here in Florida. Actually, I am a native New Englander and it reminds me of all of my cherished childhood Christmases.

What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm already getting it... Christmas break with my family.

Angel or star on top tree: Star.

Favorite meal: Spiral glazed ham.

(Now if you are still reading... consider yourself tagged :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Those are all great! I too love the peanut butter kiss cookies. :)