But seriously, this recipe tastes like "the real deal". Enjoy.
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8-1/4 cup white vinegar or rice wine vinegar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (or more)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Peanut oil (3 1/2-4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients (the first 9 ingredients listed) and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce:.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients (the LAST 9 ingredients beginning with water). Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
- To deep-fry the chicken:.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and then place chicken in warm oven (130 degrees) while you continue frying. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken. Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
- Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve the Sesame Chicken with rice.